Da Costakade, Amsterdam
The project "The New Love" at the Da Costakade in Amsterdam was built as a wine warehouse in 1903. The neglected and boxed up building has been transformed into a light and open building including a large theatre for 230 persons, a small hall and a library. Through the use of voids, stairs and walkways all floors are visually connected. The light enters the building from above through voids from the back via a shallow patio which was also created and which lets the daylight 'enlighten' the building.